Páginas

20/10/13

Halloween cemetery cake

Halloween cemetery cake

 Receta en español aquí

This is my first Halloween cake, where I live, here in Spain, the tradition is very different and less festive..
But this year I wanted to do something and this is what I have done, it’s a little simple but I’ve had a great time doing it.
The cake has several layers of cookies and chocolate cream and custard.


It took me two days to prepare the cake and I put the decorations just before eating the cake:

First day I did the graves, the tree and the creams.




Chocolate cream

500 ml heavy whipping cream  
400 g chocolate 70% cocoa 
30 g white sugar (add more if you prefer more sweet the cream chocolate)
25 g unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
40 ml of coffee (optional)


You must prepare this cream the day before using it.

Heat the cream in a saucepan with the sugar, stir to dissolve well.
When it is boiling remove from heat and add the chocolate, chopped, little by little and stirring to melt completely.
Then add the melted butter, coffee and one teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix well and let cool before putting it in the fridge overnight.

Custard

400 ml whole milk
2 tablespoons corn flour
1 whole egg and 1 yolk
70 g white sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Just a pinch of lemon zest, optional
A pinch of salt


In a glass, mix sugar and corn flour with a little of the milk to dissolve.
Whisk the egg and the yolk and reserve.
Put the remaining 400 ml of milk to heat and when it starts to boil add the milk with the sugar and corn flour dissolved, and the beaten egg.
Stir well and add the vanilla extract, lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
Stir until thickened, being careful not to burn. Remove from heat and let cool before putting it in the fridge.

The second day I assembled the cake.

3-4 rectangular biscuits packages (200 g each)
Dulce de leche, optional
Whole milk for soaking biscuits
Chocolate cream
Custard
And a lot of patience to place the biscuits


I lined a 22x22 cms square springform pan with plastic wrap, to help me later to unmold the cake without breaking the biscuits.
First I put a layer of biscuits lightly dip in milk and spread some dulce de leche (optional).
Then I put another layer of biscuits, chocolate cream, soaked biscuits, custard, biscuits, chocolate cream, soaked biscuits, custard, biscuits, and finally I poured all the chocolate cream.

Refrigerate overnight.


Last day, decorate before seving:

8 crushed oreos, to make the cemetery ground
A black tie to wrap the cake


1 gummy pumpkin
Decorations I did the first day



Sticks for ice cream to hold the graves


A plastic skeleton arm



And enjoy!

Halloween cemetery cake



No hay comentarios :

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips